Certified Arborist on Staff
Our principal arborist, Dr. Geo Graening, has been certified since 2003 by the International Society of Arboriculture (# WE-6725A). Dr. Graening also holds a Ph.D. in Biology and a Master of Science degree in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. Dr. Graening has 13 years of experience in environmental assessment and research, including the performance of numerous arborist surveys, appraisals, and design of tree mitigation plans. Also on staff is aborist and senior biologist, Tim Nosal (ISA # WE-12038A).
Natural Investigations Co. has been performing arborist services in the Sacramento region since 2004. We specialize in a wide array of arborist services:
- Arborist surveys and tree inventories
- CEQA/NEPA project impact analyses
- Design of tree impact mitigation plans, planting plans, and restoration plans
- Tree appraisals / valuations (ISA Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers Guide for Plant Appraisal.)
- Oak tree canopy mapping
- El Dorado County's Biological Resources Study and Important Habitat Mitigation Program / Tree Survey, Preservation, and Replacement Plan
- Note: our company does not perform any tree trimming/removal or other tree care services.
Arborist Surveys, Appraisals, and Other Work
- Arborist Survey for Morse Avenue, Sacramento, CA, 2014. Prepared for the County of Sacramento.
- Technical Memo: Arborist Survey for Concrete Repair at Walnut Villa, Fair Oaks, CA. 2012.
- Tree Survey, Preservation, And Replacement Plan for the Property at Magic Valley Court, Cool, CA. 2012.
- Technical Memo: Arborist Survey for the Tree Trimming Activity at Rosa Vista Ave., Citrus Heights, CA. 2012.
- Technical Memo: Focused Arborist Survey for El Manto Road, Rancho Cordova, CA, 2013. Prepared for Sacramento County Dept. of Transportation.
- Arborist Survey for the Tree Trimming Activity at Camino Heights, Camino, CA, 2012.
- Arboricultural Appraisal for the Hughson-Grayson 115-kV Transmission Line and Substation Project, Stanislaus Co. 2011. Pub. by Parus Cons. for Turlock Irrigation District. Dr. Graening performed monetary appraisal, authored report.
- New Irvington Tunnel Project, San Francisco, CA. 2010-2011. Hatch Mott McDonald, Prime Contractor. Dr. Graening served as the project’s consulting arborist.
- Technical Letter: Certified Arborist Construction Monitoring for PG&E Line 406 Project, Yolo Co., CA. 2010. Prepared for CH2MHill. Dr. Graening performed impact analysis, identified mitigation, and supervised construction activities.
- Arborist Survey of Oakley Generating Station and Transmission Line Project, Contra Costa Co., CA. 2010. Pub. by CH2MHill for Radback Energy and City of Oakley. Dr. Graening assisted in arborist surveys, co-authored report.
- Tree Survey, Preservation, and Replacement Plan for the Deer Valley Road Property, El Dorado County. Rescue, CA. 2009. Dr. Graening inventoried 646 trees, performed oak canopy mapping for El Dorado County ordinances on 84 acre-parcel.
- Sacramento River Restoration Project, West Sacramento, CA. 2009. Pub. by Parus Cons. for USACE. Dr. Graening assisted in tree inventory and mapping.
- Certified Arborist / Construction Monitoring for Qwest Fiber Optic Burial on Lafayette Street, Santa Clara. 2009. Prepared for GeoEngineers Inc. and the City of Santa Clara.
- Arborist Survey for the Folsom Corporation Yard Clean Closure Project, Sacramento Co., CA. 2008. Prepared for Brown & Caldwell & Folsom’s City Arborist. Dr. Graening performed arborist survey and prepared report.
- Arborist Survey for Deer Valley Property, El Dorado County, CA. 2007. Prepared for Sierra Pacific Mortgage Inc. and the County of El Dorado. Performed tree inventory and oak canopy mapping on 45-acre parcel for County permit requirements.
- Arborist Survey for Starbuck Road Property, El Dorado County, CA. 2007. Prepared for Sierra Pacific Mortgage Inc. and the County of El Dorado. Performed tree inventory and oak canopy mapping on 6-acre parcel for County permit requirements.
- Arborist Appraisal for the Caltrans Spanish Creek Bridge Replacement Project. Quincy, CA. 2007. Published by CH2MHill for Caltrans. Dr. Graening inventoried and valued over 1,200 trees for federal Transportation Act Section 4(f) compliance.
- Sonoma 101 Widening and Soundwall Construction – Route 123 to Windsor - Project Tree Inventory, Santa Rosa, CA. 2007. Published by CH2MHill for CA Dept. of Transportation. Dr. Graening assisted in arboricultural inventory of over 1,000 trees in a 4-mile corridor.
- Contra Costa Hydrogen Pipeline Project Arboricultural Study, Contra Costa County, CA. 2007. Published by CH2M Hill Inc. for Praxair Inc. and the County of Contra Costa. Dr. Graening authored arborist study involving the inventory and impact analysis of over 1,400 trees in a 22-mile hydrogen gas pipeline corridor.
- Arborist Survey for the Freeport Landing Marina Parking Lot, Sacramento County, CA. 2006. Prepared for Freeport Landing LLC.
- Shingle Springs Interchange Arborist Survey, El Dorado Co., CA. 2004. Published by AES Inc. for the Shingle Springs Rancheria and the CA Dept. of Transportation. Dr. Graening performed arborist survey on 5-acre parcel.
- Guenoc Water Rights Modification Environmental Impact Report, Lake Co., CA. 2003. Published by AES Inc. for the State Water Resources Control Board. Dr. Graening co-authored report, performed oak canopy mapping.
- Jackson Rancheria Highway 88 Access Project Arborist Survey and Tree Mitigation Plan, Amador Co., CA. 2003. Published by AES Inc. for the Jackson Rancheria and the CA Dept. of Transportation. Dr. Graening performed arborist survey and designed tree replacement program.
- U & S Street Inline Storage Project Arborist Study, Sacramento, CA. 2003. Published by AES Inc. for the City of Sacramento. Dr. Graening performed arborist survey and prepared report as part of an Initial Study / Environmental Assessment.