Storm Water Management
Natural Investigations Co. specializes in stormwater management and compliance with the State's Construction General Permit and Industrial General Permit. We also perform water quality monitoring for industrial sites and inspection services on construction sites. We have qualified SWPPP developers and certified stormwater professionals on staff, and specialize in erosion control and stormwater pollution prevention.
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Caltrans Water Pollution Control Programs
- Site Inspections and Inspector Training
- Water quality sampling and Aquatic Bioassessment
- Industrial Stormwater Management: QISP, SWPPP, Non-exposure Certification (NEC)
Lead Stormwater Specialist
Dr. Graening has 15 years of experience in environmental assessment, and has authored numerous SWPPPs and water quality monitoring plans. Dr. Graening also serves as an adjunct professor at California State University Sacramento and is an active researcher in the area of groundwater ecology.
- Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD #00473)
- Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (EnviroCert #0691)
- Member of International Erosion Control Association
- Member of California Storm Water Quality Association
- Member of Southwestern Association of Freshwater Invertebrate Taxonomists
- Registered Environmental Assessor I
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Trained
Construction Sites and Industrial Facilities
- Construction Drainage, Erosion, and Sediment Control/Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan for the Oakley Generating Station (09-AFC-4C), Contra Costa Co., CA. 2011-2016. Our company authored plan, served as QSP / stormwater manager throughout construction.
- Hughson-Grayson 115-kV Transmission Line and Substation Project Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Stanislaus County. 2010-2013. Turlock Irrigation District. Dr. Graening authored the plan, filed all reports, served as Qualified SWPPP Practitioner / stormwater manager throughout construction.
- Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Vacaville, CA. 2008. Prepared for Rudolph & Sletten Inc.
- Red Hawk Casino Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, 2007-2009, Shingle Springs Rancheria, El Dorado County, CA. Prepared for Environmental Data Systems Inc. and the Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians. Natural Investigations Co. created this SWPPP for a 70-acre commercial development and wastewater treatment plant and Dr. Graening serves as the stormwater manager during construction. Project challenges included stabilization of extremely steep-sloped banks, asbestos dust hazard mitigation, use of an active treatment system, and protection of sensitive drainages and oak woodlands.